What You Should Expect From a Gap Analysis Template
Nov 15, 2017 Maria Rummel
If you are preparing for a big change in your department or business, or you’re feeling like your bread and butter marketing methods aren’t working as well as they used to, it could be a good time to perform a gap analysis of your marketing efforts. Using a gap analysis template to guide you through the process is a great place to start.
With many gap analysis templates available on the internet, it is nice to know what insight you should expect to gain as a result.
A successful gap analysis should help you:
- Understand your strengths and pinpoint methods that are working.
- Identify potential obstacles and develop methods to overcome them.
- Spot opportunities that could lead to quick-wins.
- Evaluate your current technologies, how they work together and what could be missing.
- Identifying holes and overlaps in your team’s roles and responsibilities or org chart.
- Measure the success of future changes and initiatives by providing a benchmark of where you started.
- Develop or amend your target customer personas to fit your current brand offering.
- Gain insight into how your audience perceives and recognizes your brand.
With a gap analysis tool such as Torchlite’s gap analysis template, you will be guided through gathering the appropriate documents and engaging a marketing strategist to help you perform an evaluation.