Torchlite Named One of 10 Finalists in the “Rise of the Rest” Competition

Competition sponsored by Revolution, a Washington, D.C.- based Investment firm, founded by Steve Case former cofounder of America Online (AOL).

Indianapolis, September 14, 2017 — Revolution announced today that Torchlite is one of the 10 finalists in the investment company’s “Rise of the Rest” competition. “Rise of the Rest” is a nationwide effort working with entrepreneurs in emerging startup ecosystems across the nation.

In each city, Revolution Founder Steve Case hosts a pitch competition and gives away $100,000 to a local entrepreneur.  In 2.5 years, their bus tours have traveled 4,000 miles to 19 cities and invested $2 million in startups.

Steve Case is currently the Chairman and CEO of Revolution – a D.C.-based investment firm – and one of America’s most accomplished entrepreneurs as the co-founder of America Online (AOL). The investor and former CEO of AOL, made headlines this summer when he said 75 percent of VC money went to only three states last year, leaving the remaining 47 to compete for the 25 percent of funds remaining. – and he aims to change that.

“Indianapolis is an incredible place to launch and scale a software company,” said Susan Marshall, CEO and founder of Torchlite. “We are thrilled Steve and the team at Revolution chose Torchlite as one of their finalists. It’s an honor considering how many fantastic startups there are in Indy.”

As a finalist, Torchlite will prepare for pitch day with professional pitch coaches and designers, sponsored by Google for Entrepreneurs. The “Rise of the Rest” competition will be held October 12  at Union 525 in Indianapolis.

About The Competition
Revolution’s RISE OF THE REST® with Steve Case is a nationwide effort to work closely with entrepreneurs in emerging startup ecosystems. Our view is that this is the beginning of a new era for entrepreneurship across the U.S. — high-growth companies can now start and scale anywhere, not just in a few coastal cities.

About Torchlite
Founded in 2015 by Susan Marshall, Torchlite helps marketers turn big ideas into wildly successful campaigns by showing them what to do, how to do it and who can get it done. Freelance marketing experts called Torchliters™ engage with businesses of every size through Torchlite Action™, a SaaS platform that identifies marketing priorities and helps manage objectives, campaigns and deliverables to completion. Check us out at torchlite.com.