Are you ready to harness the power of influencer marketing, but not sure how to get started? Micro-influencers may be the perfect fit for your campaign, (and your budget).
Micro-influencers can help you reach a highly relevant audience, maximize engagement, and drive conversions. But the best part is that they don’t charge as much for sponsored posts as mega-influencers. So you can launch an effective influencer marketing campaign, even on a limited budget.
How Micro-Influencers Can Benefit You
There are many ways working with micro-influencers can benefit your business. Here are some of the biggest reasons:
- Reach a relevant audience – Most micro-influencers focus on a particular niche, in which they’re considered experts. Their followers look to them for useful advice, tips, and recommendations related to that niche. When you work with a micro-influencer who specializes in content related to your brand’s particular niche, you can reach a highly relevant audience.
- Cost-effective – As mentioned earlier, the cost of creating sponsored posts with micro-influencers is much cheaper than with a mega-influencer. You may need to spend around $75-$250 for one sponsored post by a micro-influencer. On the other hand, one sponsored post by a mega-influencer could cost you anywhere between $500 and $5,000. And since your marketing message will be reaching a highly relevant audience, that means higher engagement and conversion rates.
- Effective brand messaging – Some brands struggle with explaining their product or service in an effective, persuasive way. If you are having a hard time communicating your brand message to your target audience, micro-influencers can help you with that. They already know how to effectively communicate with their followers. So they will know how to get your brand message across in such a way that their audience will respond positively to it. Additionally, a study funded by Experticity found that 92% of consumers believe micro-influencers can properly explain what a product does, and how to use it. This means they can help you effectively explain your product, and its benefits to your target audience.
Effective Marketing with Micro-Influencers
Now that you know some of the benefits of working with micro-influencers, here are some best practices for effective marketing campaigns with micro-influencers:
- – Send micro-influencers freebies to show them what your products can do
- – Encourage them to share their honest feedback, and authentic reviews of your products
- – Partner with them to host giveaways, so their fans can get a taste of your products too
If you’re interested in learning more about how to work with micro-influencers, make sure you take a look at the gifographic guide below.
Shane Barker is a digital marketing consultant who specializes in influencer marketing, product launches, sales funnels, targeted traffic and website conversions. He has consulted with Fortune 500 companies, influencers with digital products, and a number of A-List celebrities.
Get the latest digital marketing tips & insights delivered straight to your inbox with the Torchlite email newsletter.Subscribe Now